2/16/16

What I've Been Listening To Lately

foxygen, in watercolor and gouache.
With parallel styles to The Velvet Underground , and hints of Violent Femmes, Mac Demarco, and the Kinks, Foxygen is too good to come from this generation. Sam France and Jonathan Rado come together so perfectly, and I can't get enough of them. So many bands make good music, but it all sounds the same. Take Tame Impala for example. I love them, but I can only listen for about half an hour before all of their songs mesh together in my head. Foxygen, on the other hand, has so much variation in each song, you can't really get bored. 

If you're into lofi music like this, I definitely recommend Foxygen. Start with "San Francisco," which is their most well know, and then check out "Middle School Dances," which is my personal favorite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment