1/3/16

Early one mornin' the sun was shinin'

Last night my parents and I had a quick yet important talk about Bob Dylan, and my growing interest in his music. Ever since I grew out of JB and 1D and ventured into real music, I've dipped my toes into Bob Dylan's music here and there, liking a few classics, but never going deeper. But recently I've gone knee deep, and I'm eager to go deeper. I knew it was inevitable eventually, that I'd be a big Dylan fan. Maybe it's because of the tall stack of Bob Dylan CDs in the closet, that have been listened to so many times by my parents, or the fact that I've gone through a phase of listening to pretty much every artist who'd fall in that same category. 

So, anyway, I didn't want to jump into Dylan without a little guidance from someone who knows what they are talking about, and my parents, especially my mom, are the ultimate masters. They told me a bunch of the songs they favored, and debated over his best albums. I then went to bed, and when I woke up, my mom had compiled a playlist for me of all her favorite songs. 

I spent a majority of the day laying in the sun, drinking tea, doodling, and listening to that mix. These two illustrations in my sketchbook are what came out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment