4/8/15

Escape From Reality

Sleeping In the Forest

I thought the earth remembered me,
she took me back so tenderly,
arranging her dark skirts, her pockets
full of lichens and seeds.
I slept as never before, a stone on the river bed,
nothing between me and the white fire of the stars
but my thoughts, and they floated light as moths
among the branches of the perfect trees.
All night I heard the small kingdoms
breathing around me, the insects,
and the birds who do their work in the darkness.
All night I rose and fell, as if in water,
grappling with a luminous doom. By morning
I had vanished at least a dozen times
into something better.

-Mary Oliver





I did an eleven strand braid in Syl's hair. 








I wanted to caption some of these photos, but I decided that they spoke for themselves, and left them alone.

Last weekend my family and another family that we are very close with but lives far from us met at a cabin to stay for a few days. There was no wifi in the cabin at all, and to get wifi we had to walk up the road a little bit to the main lodge. At first I was expecting to have a hard time with that, surviving without it 24/7, but it was surprising how little I missed being on my phone all the time, and eventually I hardly thought about it. While we were there, my friend Syl and I took advantage of the beautiful woods around the cabin. It was so peaceful, and being in the woods there made me feel like a fairy or something. The moss was so abundant, and there were trees everywhere. I guess living in the suburbs made me appreciate nature a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment