3/12/15

Spending Money Puts You In a Real Party Mood

 I've always been pretty easily fascinated by certain things. Some things draw me in, and I can't seem to get away from them. Andy Warhol has done that.
Every aspect of him interests me, and the more I learn, the more interested I am.
Right now I am also extremely into the Velvet Underground, who were friends of Andy's, and a big part of his work.
So it is perfect that I am getting to be part of an advisory board at the Warhol Museum, one for just teens, and only about 15 teens from the entire city. In the advisory board, our main purpose is to put together a huge even (which takes place in May) at the Warhol, which will include bands, fashion shows, art making, refreshments, and more. So far it's been a blast. I love getting to spend time at the museum all the time, and being surrounded by the work and world of Andy Warhol. 
Anyway, back to the post. Because of my obsession with him, I decided to Andy-ize some stuff, and even draw him. 


I made a couple of pins, and a necklace quoting him. 


Here's a bad quality up-close shot of my drawing.



Andy Warhol was such an unapologetic person, and I really admire him for that. In one of his interviews, he is asked a question, and he just says to the interviewer something along the lines of: Can you just give me the answers and I'll say them?
In another, with Edie Sedgwick, as soon as they sit down to be interviewed, Edie announces that Andy will not be answering questions at all. Whenever he was asked something, he'd whisper a terse answer in Edie's ear, and she'd tell it.
He was (and is) so different than any other celebrities. He could not have cared less about people's opinions of him, and he embraced his social-awkwardness. His varying work and process inspires me a lot lately, and I wish I had more time to make art of my own.

I apologize for my lack of blogging lately. My blog needs some work and attention, and I will hopefully be giving it some of that soon. I also have some pages from my sketchbook to post, but I haven't gotten around to that either. My Saturday art classes end soon ( :( ) but then I will have more time to blog which is good!




Oh, and if anyone was keeping up with the horrible deer situation where I live, here is a quick update:
The killing has officially started, but the number of angry people has gone up. It is ripping this stupid town apart, and even ruining it. I do not hesitate to say that I am ashamed of Mt. Lebanon, and hate it so so much, and I know I am not the only one. The deer culling is ineffective, cruel, but also taking a toll on the community (I wouldn't actually call it that). No one from outside of Mt. Lebanon wants to shop at any stores here, nor do people want to move here. I don't blame them! Who wants to even be near a place that has people in it who actually are okay with murder? Anyway that is the end of my rant. Yes, I am still fired up about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment