4/18/15

A Glimpse Into My Sketchbook

Wow, what is blogging? I can hardly remember since I haven't done it at ALL lately. 
Really all I have done lately is make art and hung out in the city. April has been a pretty good month for me so far. I started playing around with the app Sktchy (if you're into art and you aren't on there, you're missing out!) and it's surprising how much it has pushed me art-wise to do things I wouldn't normally do. 


If you're not familiar with it, Sktchy is an app where anyone can post pictures of themselves, and other people can draw/paint/recreate them with art supplies. It's basically a place to go to find art inspiration, and also to discover other artists. Once I week (I'm pretty sure it's once I week, but that may be wrong) the app announces a new theme. This weeks was 'Aha,' so it was supposed to contain a hidden image or illusion or something. If you participate in the theme, Sktchy may pick your art to b featured, so everyone who is on there will see it. Mine have been picked twice. Anyway, it's just a fun, artistic outlet, and it also pushes your art skills.

So here are some of the things I have done for Sktchy, and a few I've just done for fun. 

This one (above) was picked to be featured. The theme at the time was 'Poetic'. 




This is a painting I did inspired by Kim Gordon, who's my recentest obsession. I'm reading her book Girl in A Band and I've been listening to Sonic Youth a lot as well.


                             
Above is one of my favorites that I have done for Sktchy.

pretty much where I have spent most of my time-aside from at school-lately.





Hopefully you've enjoyed this virtual peek into my sketchbooks. All of this work is super recent, and I have started playing with gauche and colored pencils more. 
-india

No comments:

Post a Comment