1/4/15

Tea house vibes, bath bombs, and mugshots.

Sunday, Jan. 4th.
Sadly, today is my last day of winter break, and I return to school tomorrow. I am not too sad, though, because I got everything I wanted to done, and I had a blast these past two weeks. Yesterday and the day before were especially great. Here's what I did:

Friday: our friends who live two hours away drove down to visit. After a lunch of spring rolls, noodles and Asian salad, we headed to our favorite tea house, Dobra. 
The menu is the size of a novel, filled with flowering teas, lychee tea, black and green, snacks, and of course, bubble tea. 
This is a Polaroid of me and my friend Sierra. It was taken by her brother Morgan.  
We all got bubble tea. It was fantastic.
I'm pretty sure they were both oblivious to the fact that I took this. 
I could spend hours just hanging out in Dobra. It's so cozy and chill. 
Next, we went to a secondhand clothing store, but left soon since we were all full of bubble tea and needed to use the bathroom in a coffee shop next door. That's where this snapchat was taken. Morgan is wearing two pins that I made.
Our final stop was to Lush, and it was really fun, as well as kind of weird. The Lush we went to is inside of a Macy's, and there was hardly any person in the entire store. It felt apocalyptic, but no one was paying attention to us, so we could do whatever we wanted in the store. 
The Lush guys gave us a demo. 
I bought the pink bath bomb. The next picture is from when I actually used it. 
It was great, except for all of the confetti that was stuck in my hair afterwards. 
Saturday: My grandma, her sister, and my 2nd cousin came for a quick visit. We had Thai food for lunch, and then drove to a super cute Asian market. 

I finally had a place to wear my Kanken! Luckily, they are waterproof, because it poured all day, and we walked outside for a little while. 
I carried around a box of mochi until we found a good place to eat it. 
I thought that the mushrooms were adorable! 
While we were in the market, I had an Amelie moment.

After stopping in and out of little shops, we went to my favorite place, The Warhol Museum. 


Inside, there's a small room painted silver, where it films Screen Tests, which were silent, black and white videos that Andy used to make tons of. Here's a photo of me being filmed for one. 
If you are interested in watching those screen tests, the first one I did is here, and the second is here.
Right before we left, my mom took these mugshot pictures in the "Factory" part of the museum, where you can do silk-screenings, crafts, and other art as well. 

Overall, I had a terrific time both days, and can't wait for another one like those. Now I better go prepare myself for my return to school (◡﹏◡✿). 

Have a great week! 






3 comments:

  1. I just got back into school too, and we both had great final days. I am glad you had such fun, and it sounds amazing! I have never had a good bubble tea since I am not very good at making them, but have you ever tried vanilla chai with coconut milk and lots of sugar? It tastes divine! I love the pictures from the museum, it looks so fun! Happy back to school, and I hope you have a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun that day too, even if it rained. Did your mom tell you how to eat mochi from now on?
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you did! I hope that Veronica and Sydney did too.Yep, that't terrible about the mochi! So scary. Mt mom put one in my lunch with little notes that said "eat slowly" and "small bites" ;)

      Delete