11/19/14

Transitions

As of right now, my life seems to be going through a couple of changes. Maybe not just my life, actually, but the world around me as well. Starting off with the weather.
I guess it isn't such a great idea to go to California in November, because while you're gone, Pennsylvania will just decide to completely skip fall and go straight into winter. So when you get home, instead of a nice warm welcome, you receive a cold, 15 degree slap in the face. The worst part is that it is only November, and it will get colder. Hmph. Winter is not my friend.
So, that's the first transition. The second one would be my sudden transition of bedrooms. After being in the biggest room in the house for a while, I decided I just wasn't feeling it anymore, and it didn't make me think of a typical angsty-teen-girl bedroom. I envisioned one that was much cozier, with lot's of stuff on the wall, and a shelf filled with art supplies and magazines and stationary. A room I can play music in and attempt to dance around to the Violent Femmes like Angela Chase did in My So Called Life. Anything to be like Angela Chase, really.
Here comes another transition! Change in role models, or idols I could say! Hmm, this one is harder to describe. I go through lots of phases of who I look up to, or want to be like. Last year, it was Luanna P. from Le-Happy, then Angela from MSCL, then a dash of Winnie Cooper here and there. Now it's edging towards Patti Smith and The Velvet Underground, ya know, those sort of lo-fi 70's rocker vibes.  Although I still am a bit influenced by Winnie, considering my hair is just like hers. Patti Smith just has this thing where every time I here her or see her picture, I just think, man, why is she that cool? I can't describe it really. She's just so so so cool. I haven't even read all of Just Kids yet, I've only listened to parts of it on a long drive with my family, before I was really into her. And the Velvet Underground, well, my mom has been pushing me towards them for a while, and since I was obsessed with Mac Demarco for a little while, the second I heard them I was reminded of him and was hooked instantly. I'm guessing he was really influenced by Lou Reed's style, since his very much resembles it. Now that I think about it, that would also be a music transition too.

These aren't my pictures, they're from tumblr, but they're too cool not to post and I needed some visuals anyway.

Oh, before I go, I have one more thing to say! Stay tuned to this blog for a bit, because I have an exciting project that will soon be posted. No hints, except that it will be entertaining. I promise.
-India

2 comments:

  1. Um, just two words for you, India... JORDAN. CATALANO.

    ReplyDelete