11/22/14

Friday Night Art Night

Since my new bedroom is starting to feel like the perfect little nook to make art, sip tea, and listen to records in, I invited my friend over to make art and hangout with me. It was a blast! We walked home  from school together, got out some snacks and went right to work! 
She was looking through one of my old abandoned journals.
Some supplies we used. Yes, sushi is a supply. It is necessary. 
It got messier the more we worked. 
 We listened to an entire Vampire Weekend record, then switched to some alt-j∆ and some other indie-synthy music. The entire situation was very "indie" Because most teens spend friday nights at the ice rink, or at a movie or something mainstream and "fun" but not us. You know in movies, how there is always that group of kids who really don't follow the main trends, and are quiet at school, and dress really cool and indie-ish? Maybe it'd just be easier to say the wallflower group. Well, my school doesn't have that. it just has the two of us. So we had our own mini party in my room, including lots of paint and music and tea. What could be better?
 My friend and I went through a bunch of Nylon mags for some inspiration. It's such a cool magazine for that.
 They're cohesive! 
I guess we had a bit of an Asian theme, green tea, sushi, and the best mochi in the entire world! I could live off of mochi. 

So overall, it was a really fun friday night! We discussed song lyrics and magazines and aesthetics (that has got to be the most difficult word to spell) and other similar topics! It's so fun to have a friend that is very much into the same things as you are, especially art! I can't wait to do it again. 

-India 

1 comment:

  1. Would love to see pics of your whole room :-)

    ReplyDelete