8/21/14

Board of Moods (diy # 1)

Today, I had most of the day to myself to work on whatever I wanted for the first time in forever! I choses to work on my room a little bit more, since I haven't even had my own room in a month. Since all of the unpacking and most of the organizing was done, I started a new project, which was working on my mood board, which has been completely blank since we moved, and decided to take pictures along the way and make a little step-by-step here, on my blog.

So, of course, the first step to making an inspiration/mood board thing, is to get inspiration. Pinterest is the best thing for that. These three pictures were my favorite that I found, and I used them for ideas when making my own:



I like the cluttered, messy but still kinda organized look, so that's what I went for, except mine had no theme.

Step two would be gathering your supplies. 


You need some kind of surface, a cork board is what I have. (It's painted white since the brown clashes with everything I own) Even though mine is hanging above my bed, I really like how they look above desks and working spaces too. 


 Next, you need something to put on it. This part has absolutely no limits. You can put anything from photos from magazines to old menus and recipes to things that aren't even paper, such as hanging necklaces (that's what mine used to be for).

I took some of my favorite magazines-Nylon and Teen Vogue-and cut out every picture I liked or inspired me.


I cut out pictures of people I idolize or really like, (sky ferreira, vanessa hudgens, sinead O'connor, regina spektor, elle fanning, liam james etc.) I had a pile of photos of Grimes too, but I found those later on. 


Next I went scavenging for some memorabilia type stuff, like baby pictures, photos from shoots with my mom, old concert tickets, a menu from a cool restaurant, etc.


Then I found just some random stuff I was inspired by or liked a lot, such as the cello picture since I play cello, or the picture of Suzy Bishop since Moonrise Kingdom is my favorite movie ever. You can print things out from online too, I printed out the picture of Suzy. That makes it even more unlimited,


If you are anything like me and you save lots of random things like I do, this is a really fun project. These are just random things I've accumulated when I buy other things from brands that send sticker and cool tags along with whatever I bought, and some tags I got from a cool artist. 


And these I found inside of the cases of two of my favorite vinyls, Grimes and Violent Femmes. 



Don't forget thumbtacks!


So, finally, the supplies are all gathered, and you can start. 


 For me, it was easier to start from the center and work my way out. There's no right or wrong, so it's just whatever you want it to be like, and you can change in anytime.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Ta Da! 



It took me a couple of hours, since I worked slowly and kept on rearranging all of the pictures, but here is the final product (for now). I still haven't completely finished, but I wanted to leave room for new things I collect and acquire. 



I love this photo if me laying against the board once it was finished. I had to beg my little brother to take some pictures for me and this was the only one not blurry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment