8/20/14

A New Dawn, A New Day, A New Life For Me-and I'm feeling good.


In my first post, I mentioned how I didn't exactly know how I felt about moving from Virginia to Pittsburgh, since it had started out badly and had been hard on my family, but by now my perspective has changed a bit. I had expected it all to feel unfamiliar and scary, and living in a suburb never seemed like something that my family would ever do, and still be happy.

On the very first day, literally right after we got the keys to our new house-which is nothing like any house we've ever lived in, and way smaller too-we brought in some of our stuff, and all felt uncertain about everything. There were some tears, and probably some feelings of regret, and definitely some worry on my part. I worried that we wouldn't find anything we liked, we wouldn't fit in at all, we wouldn't even like our house, but luckily that quickly changed. That same first day, we got all of our paints to paint the house, and found that we lived close to  a Fresh Market grocery store, and I had never been in one before, so that was very exciting. (For those who don't know, Fresh Market is a lot like Whole Foods, but with a high wall filled with granolas and dried fruit and all those foods I love.) We also live close to a Trader Joes, and a Market District Giant Eagle, which is the best thing ever too. Anyway. We did that, ate dinner (just some snacks from the store) around the counter, and went to bed. 

The next day was much more exciting. Well, not the first half exactly, but the second. In the second half, we went to the best restaurant ever, which would be the Loving Hut. It's an all vegan like Asian style restaurant, and on Saturdays, which is when we went, is an all-you-can-eat vegan buffet. Although don't be intimidated by the word vegan, since there were many people there who looked like they probably could also be spotted in a burger joint too. 



(This is from the outside of Loving Hut.)

So, another plus to living where I do is being 25 minutes from this place. 
After we filled our stomachs with the amazing food from the Loving Hut, we drove to see what is known as the countries best night time city view. (that is where the top picture is from.) It was especially cool too, since we go to big cities every once in a while, but being twenty minutes from a view like the one we saw, is awesome. 


By now, it has been about five days since we entered this new little adventure, and it isn't really as bad as I thought it would be, and we are even starting to like our house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment