3/6/16

homemade

In my last post, I mentioned that I had sewn something new, so here it is! I used the Wiksten tank pattern again, as a base, but made some adjustments. I altered the length of the shirt, and added sleeves (!!!). I have never made anything with sleeves before, so this was kind of fun. I love figuring things out on my own, so I created my own sleeve pattern and sewed them on the way I thought made sense.

 I only had a yard and a half of fabric, and that made the process more difficult, since I messed up a few times. But in the end, I made it work (I've watched too much Project Runway) and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Also, I am started a right-side pocket revolution! I've never seen a shirt with the pocket on the right side, and this one is.





No comments:

Post a Comment