2/25/16

gettin' back into it

After the very long break I took from sewing, I have finally returned to it. 
I was sort of surprised by myself when I randomly got a craving to do it. I've been into sustainable living all year; local and organic stuff, handmade stuff. etc. This sort of just fit right in. Also, I was inspired when I heard about the slow fashion movement.(Read about it here) For Valentines day my mom got me the Wiksten dress/tank pattern, and some linen, and I got started right away. 






It was an adventure for me to make this after a few years of not touching the sewing machine, and I learned quite a bit. When I sewed before, I always just made my own patterns, and avoided all difficult neck bindings, or seams that were anything more complicated than just sewing one piece of fabric to another. Making this dress, I followed a pattern, and learned how to do bias binding, and french seams! Oh, and adding a pocket in a more professional way too. I'm so happy with how it turned out, and I want to make more clothes soon. I forgot how much I enjoyed sewing.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous. You will never regret learning how to sew. Wear it proudly, only you have one like it.

    ReplyDelete