10/11/15

Coffee Shop Dreams

self portrait in a coffee shop

Autumn is here. I can feel it. When I wake up and step outside, their is a crispness in the air, it's sort of harsh, and very different from the mellow breeze of summer. I guess I let myself forget what fall was like in Virginia, since I was away for a while. But now I remember. Colorful leaves engulf the mountains, which encompass my town. We're surrounded by a wall of dark green with bits of red and orange poking their heads out, seeing if the coast is clear for them to appear. It's only early october, so they have much more changing to do, and that's when the view really becomes breathtaking.

I haven't had much time to ponder "fall" and everything that comes with it. I don't know if I've ever been so busy in my life as I am now. I don't get home until about 7pm during the week because of rowing practice, and weekends I stuff with everything I can, though I spend a lot of the time doing homework.

But that's not to say I'm not enjoying the school year. I love rowing so much, and giving up two hours a day for it is pretty much worth it so far. Well, that's not the only thing I've given up. Hopes of pretty hands is another, since they are so blistered from the oars. I also have far less time to play the cello and make art, and those are not things I want to lose.

But somehow I have had time to make some art, such as this drawing above. I have more to post in the near future, and some fun projects coming up as well.

I hope everyone is having a good start to the fall season. Make sure to drink lots of tea and hit up Trader Joes for some pumpkin flavored goodies (because really, what don't they have that is pumpkin flavored, this time of year?).

-India


No comments:

Post a Comment