6/14/15

New Enterprise: 365 days of Secondhand Clothes


 Stores, especially clothing stores, have a way of tricking people into buying things that they'd be fine without. They'll tell you somethings on sale, when really the price has been jacked up originally and then "reduced" so you'll think your saving money. That's one problem with commercial clothing stores. Another is all the waste, all of the factories, that go into making just one pair of shorts. And when someone buys something, then they're supporting the company to create more waste!
People spend so much on clothes every year, and most of the time it's clothes we don't need.

I've decided to do an experiment to learn more about this topic.
Starting today, which is June 14, I'm going to buy only secondhand clothing for a whole year. The only exception I'll make is underwear and bras-I don't really wanna wear someone else's old underwear, would you?
To kick it off, I bought these vintage shorts at a flea market this morning.



I'll blog about it along the way, giving updates about how it's going, and the ups and downs of it. So check in once in a while if you wanna see how it's going!
I'm excited, and I know my parents will probably appreciate it too, since they spend a lot of money on new clothes for me.

Also the illustration on top is done by me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Cute shorts. I am much older than you, but I shop for secondhand clothes. I like bargains!
    I also like your illustration.

    Sandy

    P. S. Enjoy being fourteen. I wish now I had enjoyed it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I only just saw this comment for some reason, but thank you! I like bargains too:) I'll try and enjoy being fourteen!
      Thanks for reading my blog!

      Delete
  2. Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this interesting and knowledgeable article. Markets

    ReplyDelete