8/6/14

An Introduction

This is the last picture of me as a 12 year old, when I was still living in Virginia.


August 6, 2014.


Today, much like many of the past days this summer, was productive and busy, while at the same time, calm. So far the summer in which I officially entered the teen years, (which would be this summer) has been the strangest, and probably most difficult one yet. As if becoming a teenager-which comes with sudden bursts of moodiness, angst, short lasting obsessions with certain things and many other feelings and situations-wasn't enough, my dad's job moved and he had to get a new job in Pennsylvania, seven hours from where I lived and two from where I was born. He moved up there in May to work, while my mom, brother and I stayed back in Virginia and finished the school year. We lived like that throughout June and half of July, my dad driving down on the weekends, but that ended when we rented our perfect house out to a family that needed to move in by July 15. That was the very day that we packed up most of our belongings, put our lives on hold, and drove to my moms parents house to temporarily live, which is where I am writing from. To be exact, I'm sitting against the wall on the carpet, next to my cat Jazzy, and across from my grandma who is knitting. Although she really isn't one of those grandmas, who sits around knitting or baking cookies all day. In fact, she's very opposite. She makes kombucha and does yoga and things like that. Anyway, enough about my grandma.

Initially, I sort of wanted to move. I was living in a very, very conservative and preppy area, where no one wore doc martins or was vegan, and was ready to escape. I never felt like I fit in, even with my friends, so naturally when I realized I never would fit in with them, I started trying to rebel even more. I dressed in lots of black, became vegan, listened to music my school-mates had never heard of until I was done listening to it, and whatever they did,
tried to do the opposite. The whole time I was also trying to figure myself and my style out. And now, after experimenting with many different things, such as music, clothing, food, and hobbies, I've realized that I can't settle on one thing, since it changes day to day. 

For a few weeks, I really didn't want to move, since my mom was very unhappy because of it and that made me unhappy too, and I just wanted my life and family put back together. They were definetly some of the worst weeks ever for me, and of course my birthday (July seventh) fell right in the middle of them. 

By now, I'm mixed on moving. I love new people and new experiences, but I have realized things that I miss about where I used to live. Luckily, living at my grandparents has proven to be very good for me. I've been able to sort out my feelings and work on many of my projects and not be overwhelmed by things to do, since I never have anything I have to do, just what I want to do, such as finally starting up my blog, which is serving more as a public diary for me, where I can unleash my messy thoughts, art, and emotions, post my outfits and experiences, and list some vegan recipes and other projects that I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment